Australia is becoming the destination of choice for more and more international students. The International Education Advisory Council has predicted a 30% increase in the number of overseas students studying in Australia over the next seven years.
Australia has lots on offer for international students so IEMS has put together some of the reasons why so many international students are choosing to study in Australia.
Education: Completed degrees from Australian institutions are recognized worldwide. Australia’s higher education industry in regulated by the federal government, this means that high standards are maintained by all universities and institutions.
Some academic reasons for choosing to study in Australia include:
- Huge variety of specialist educational institutions
- Innovative and leading edge teaching styles
- High quality scientific research
- Large and mature services and support industry for international students
- Acceptance, globally, of Australian higher education standards
Lifestyle: Australia is known for its high standard of living, diverse culture and relaxed environment. For students wishing to gain knowledge and excel the laid back and relaxed environment means you can focus on high achievements.
Other benefits of the Australian lifestyle include:
- Safe environment
- a diverse multicultural community
- Unique travel choices within the country
- exciting cities
- flexibility to work part time full-time during holidays
- Close proximately to South East Asia
Cost: From a cost perspective Australia compare favourably with other destination countries for international students.
- Estimated living expenses: AU$18,000 per year
- Average Undergraduate course fees: AU$12,000 to AU$18,500 per year.
- Average Graduate course fees: AU$13,000 to AU$19,500 per year.
- The freedom to work part-time 20 hours per week to supplement expenses