In Australia, courses are available at Government funded Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes and a wide range of Registered Training Organisations and independent institutions.
VET qualifications are usually awarded up to Diploma level under the Australian Qualifications Framework. However, certain courses can be used as partial credit towards University Bachelor degree programs, and certain TAFE institutions can offer Bachelor degrees and post-graduate diploma courses to fill certain specialised industry requirements. Most VET institutes are closely aligned to Australian universities, and courses can guarantee university entrance when achieving the required grades.
Fields covered under VET institutes include (here we can either link to our course search, or if we need to add more copy for SEO purposes list as follows):
- The Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Business, Accounting & Economics
- Education, Languages & Training
- Environmental Sciences & Agriculture
- Human Biology, Medical & Veterinary Studies
- Information Technology & Computer Science
- Geography & International Studies
- Applied Sciences
- Civil Engineering & the Built Environment
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Architecture & Planning
- Maritime Studies
- Art & Design
For more information, see our Course Search function.